product description page
Decoding the Ethics Code : A Practical Guide for Psychologists (Paperback) (Celia B. Fisher)
About this item
Decoding the Ethics Code introduces those in psychology and related fields to the latest American Psychological Association's Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. The book helps psychologists apply the Ethics Code to the constantly changing scientific, professional, and legal realities of the discipline. Author Celia B. Fisher addresses the revised format, choice of wording, aspirational rationale, and enforceability of the code and puts these changes into practical perspective for psychologists. Her book provides in-depth discussions of the foundation and application of each ethical standard to the broad spectrum of scientific, teaching, and professional roles of psychologists. This unique guide helps psychologists effectively utilize ethical principles and standards to morally conduct their work activities, avoid ethical violations, and, most importantly, preserve and protect the fundamental rights and welfare of those with whom they serve. Features and Benefits:
- Clear case examples of behaviors that would be in compliance with or violation of enforceable standards.
- A brief overview of the history behind the Ethics Code, enforcement, and professional liability issues.
- An emphasis on "relational ethics" which can enable scientists to integrate their rational and caring selves in ways that enhance their ability to engage research participants as partners in creating experimental procedures.
- Integration throughout the text of the implications of HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) for compliance with numerous standards.
- Flagging of standards that represent significant new directions in ethics regulation and enforcement as compared with the previous version of the code; specific sections of the code are also flagged by area of relevance (e.g., codes especially applicable to I/O psychologists, forensic psychologists, etc.).
- A question-and-answer format to illustrate applications of ethical principles to ethical planning and problem resolution.
Number of Pages: 523
Publisher: Sage Pubns
Author: Celia B. Fisher
Street Date: May 5, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-11-2201
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.