product description page
Defending and Preventing Employment Litigation 2017 (Hardcover) (gerald S. Hartman & Gregory W. Homer)
About this item
Developed by two of the leaders in the field, Defending and Preventing Employment Litigation provides expert insight on preventing, preparing for and managing employment litigation in one single volume. Written by Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP partners Gerald S. Hartman, Esq., and Gregory W. Homer, Esq., this manual can help you prevent and - if necessary - prepare for and manage costly and potentially disastrous employee lawsuits.
- Authoritative guidance to help you minimize employment lawsuits, manage outside counsel, contain litigation costs, and optimize litigation results
- Extensive citations to key cases, laws, regulations, guidelines and standards
- FREE companion CD featuring full text of federal and state legislation and regulations.
Also, you'll find a wealth of expert insight on:
- How to develop internal procedures that can reduce the number of employment disputes and prevent those that do arise from becoming full-blown lawsuits
- How to determine when it is necessary to retain outside counsel for a specific employment dispute or lawsuit
- How to optimize results and contain costs by effectively managing your working relationship with outside counsel
Defending and Preventing Employment Litigation can help you better understand and manage every phase of the litigation life-cycle - from the initial employee complaint through the final resolution of the case.
With Defending and Preventing Employment Litigation on your bookshelf, you'll have instant access to vital commentary and citations in the areas that concern you most, including how to defend against harassment, age discrimination and disability discrimination claims; how to avoid charges of retaliation; FMLA compliance; avoiding liability for wrongful discharge and related state law claims; and much more.