product description page
Delivering Value With BIM : A Whole-of-Life Approach (Paperback)
about this item
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a global phenomenon which is gaining significant momentum across the world. Currently there is little information on how to realise and monitor benefits from implementing BIM across the life-cycle of a constructed asset. This book provides an evidence-based, practical and strategic framework to realise value from implementing BIM by adapting Benefit Realisation Management theory. It presents an approach for practitioners aiming to employ BIM across the life-cycle of built environment assets, including both buildings and infrastructure.
Additionally, the book features:
- wide-ranging information about BIM, the challenges of monitoring progress towards benefit goals and the greater context of implementation;
- a set of dictionaries that clearly illustrate: how benefits can be achieved, what the benefit flows are and the enabling tools and processes required to achieve them;
- a suite of measures that can serve to monitor progress with examples of how they have been used to measure benefits from BIM;
- real-world case studies from Australia, UK, Finland and Sweden that show how these benefits can be achieved;
- and a comparative analysis of international maturity and competency measures to complement the value realisation framework.
Including a blend of academic and industry input, this book has been developed in close collaborative consultation with industry, government and international research organisations and could be used for industry courses on BIM benefits and implementation for asset management or by universities that teach BIM-related courses.