About this item
Dementia Care at a Glance is the perfect companion for health and social care professionals, nurses, students as well as family members and voluntary workers needing information and guidance about dementia care. Taking a person-centred and interpersonal approach, each chapter outlines an aspect of the experience of living with dementia and the steps that the nurse or healthcare professional can take to support them.
This comprehensive book will assist readers to respond effectively, sensitively and with compassion to people living with dementia in acute settings, as well as in care environments and at home. It acknowledges the challenges that arise for people with dementia, family members and professionals and offers practical solutions based on current thinking and best practice.
- Presented in the bestselling at a Glance format, with superb illustrations and a concise approach
- Covers the common forms and manifestations of dementia, their causes, and how to address them
- Addresses a wide range of topics including, interventions, communication, care planning, medication, therapy, leadership as well as ethical and legal issues
- Takes a positive holistic approach, including not only physical and mental health issues but social and spiritual implications and a person-centred focus throughout
- Suitable for students on a range of healthcare courses