product description page
Depression Workbook : A Guide for Living With Depression and Manic Depression (Paperback) (Mary Ellen
about this item
From the best-selling author, Mary Ellen Copeland, comes the Second Edition of The Depression Workbook. Learn to practice the latest research-based self-help strategies to relieve depression and address other mental health issues including how to:
- Take responsibility for your own wellness
- Use charts to track and control your moods
- Find helpful care providers
- Build a system of mutual support
- Increase self-confidence and self-esteem
- Use relaxation, diet, exercise, and light to stabilize your moods
- Avoid conditions that can worsen your symptoms.
A new chapter guides readers through developing your own plan for managing symptoms and staying well. This process, known as the Wellness Recovery Plan (WRAP), was developed by a group of people who experience depression, or manic depression and/or have other mental health concerns and who now report that this plan helped them relieve their symptoms and improve the quality of their lives.
This edition is updated in all areas including new medical and holistic perspectives and extensive lists of helpful resources and Web sites that will assist you in your journey to wellness. By letting you share more than a hundred case stories and empowering you with the most current therapeutic strategies, The Depression Workbook, Second Edition will give you insight, energy, and hope.