product description page
Diagnostic Atlas of Non-Neoplastic Lung Disease : A Practical Guide for Surgical Pathologists
about this item
Diagnostic Atlas of Non-Neoplastic Lung Disease provides the practicing pathologist with the tools necessary to synthesize diagnoses in biopsy and surgical specimens of non-neoplastic lung disease. Classification of non-neoplastic lung disease has become increasingly complex, especially in diffuse lung diseases where terminology has been changing and clinical and radiologic input is advocated for diagnosis. As a result, general surgical pathologists may feel ill-equipped to interpret such specimens.
In this heavily illustrated and concisely written book, Dr. Katzenstein, a leading authority in pulmonary pathology, has brought a pattern-based approach to formulating diagnoses in non-neoplastic lung diseases with the non-expert pulmonary pathologist in mind. Chapters are organized according to pattern of lung involvement with the idea that once the pattern is recognized the pathologist can easily find examples and review the relevant disease within the corresponding chapter. Filled with tips and key features to navigate differential diagnosis, Diagnostic Atlas of Non-Neoplastic Lung Diseaseis an indispensable guide for pathologists who encounter non-neoplastic lung specimens in the lab.
- Written by a respected pulmonary pathologist with over 40 years’ experience in the lab
- Over 350 high quality illustrative photomicrographs, many with low and high magnification views
- Emphasizes a pattern-based approach for formulating diagnoses
- Provides helpful tips for establishing diagnosis and avoiding misdiagnosis
- Relevant clinical information including patient demographics, presenting manifestations, and radiographic findings where important for pathologic diagnosis