About this item
Part of the highly regarded Diagnostic Pathology series, this updated volume covers more than 180 of the most common pediatric pathology diagnoses using a highly visual, quick-reference format. Thorough updates include the most recent clinical, pathological, histological, and molecular knowledge in the field, highlighted by more than 2,400 outstanding images. A comprehensive, practice-oriented approach makes this reference ideal for pathologists, residents, or fellows.
- Essential knowledge in all areas of pediatric pathology , including the most important benign and malignant diagnoses for every major organ system
- Unmatched visual coverage, withcarefully annotated clinical images, gross pathology, histology, and special and immunohistochemical stains that provide clinically and diagnostically important information on typical and variant disease features
- Layout designed to help you identify crucial elements of each diagnosis along with associated differential diagnoses and pitfalls, to more quickly resolve problems during routine signout of cases
- Time-saving reference features include bulleted text, a variety of test data tables, key facts in each chapter, annotated images, and an extensive index
- Thoroughly updated content throughout , reflecting new nomenclature; molecular findings, classifications, and reclassifications such as "integrated diagnosis" in the CNS chapters; CNS tumors and entity designations based on molecular findings; reclassifications of soft tissue lesions and new molecular findings recently described in undifferentiated round cell sarcoma/Ewing-like sarcomas and DICER-1 sarcoma; updates to all hematologic diagnoses to reflect the new 2016 WHO classification; and more histologic images and updated references
- New coverage of vascular lesions using the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies (ISSVA) classification
- Expert ConsultT eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.