About this item
This book is a new media mini-book covering concepts central to digital audio editing using the Audacity 2.1.1 open source software package which also apply to all of the professional audio editing packages. The book builds upon the foundational concepts of MIDI, synthesis (artificially created digital audio), and sampled waveforms (analog audio turned into digital audio). The book gets more advanced as chapters progress, and covers key concepts for new media producers such as how to maximize audio quality and which digital audio new media formats are best for use with Kindle, Android Studio, Java, JavaFX, iOS, Blackberry, Tizen, Firefox OS, Chrome OS, Opera OS, Ubuntu Touch and HTML5. The book also covers key factors regarding the data footprint optimization work process, streaming versus captive digital audio new media assets, digital audio programming and publishing platforms, and why data footprint optimization is important for modern day new media content development and distribution.
What You Will Learn
- Industry terminology involved in digital audio editing, synthesis, sampling, analysis and processing
- The work process which comprises a fundamental digital audio editing, analysis, and effects pipeline
- The foundational audio waveform sampling concepts that are behind modern digital audio publishing
- How to install, and utilize, the professional, open source Audacity 2.1 digital audio editing software
- Concepts behind digital audio sample resolution and sampling frequency and how to select settings
- How to select the best digital audio data codec and format for your digital audio content application
- How to go about data footprint optimization, to ascertain which audio formats give the best results
- Using Digital Audio Assets in Computer Programming Languages and Content Publishing Platforms
A) Programmers, Game Designers, UI Designers, Teachers, Composers.
Who this Book is For
Primary: Podcasters, BLOGGERS, Website Developers, Musicians, Sound Designers, Digital Signage, e-Learning Content Creators. Secondary: Android Developers, iOS Developers, Multimedia Producers, Rich Internet Application (RI
Genre: Computers + Internet
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Author: Wallace Jackson
Street Date: December 16, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-12-3019
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.