product description page
Digital Revolution : How Connected Digital Innovations Are Transforming Your Industry, Company, and
about this item
The "Internet of Everything": you can't touch it or smell it, but it will transform your world. In this up-to-the-minute guide, world-renowned Cisco executive and thought leader Inder Sidhu explains how and why "IoE" will revolutionize the way businesses work and consumers live.
You'll learn how the IoE is taking shape from a converging storm of innovations in mobility, social media, big data, cloud technology, apps, and sensors - making it far easier to capture and analyze data of all kinds, and use it to make important things happen. Then, Sidhu tells you exactly how to prepare now, so you'll thrive in this new world - in your business, and in your personal life, too.
The Internet of Everything is the first IoE book written by a real practitioner in plain English for a general audience. It's packed with real examples of how IoE is already being used - and of the most impactful innovations already in the RandD pipeline and headed your way. You'll discover why the Internet of Everything puts $19 trillion dollars of value at stake - both in brand new opportunities, and in displacing what you're doing now. And you'll learn how to anticipate its impact on you, so you can ride this wave instead of being swamped by it. You'll learn how to use IoE to:
- Improve patient outcomes in the healthcare industry
- Increase access to effective learning at all levels of education
- Make retail shopping far more convenient and profitable
- Build smarter cities that run more efficiently and brim with opportunity
- Use IoE to improve your organization's financial performance
- Deliver happier customer experiences, no matter what industry you're in
- Promote employee productivity, creativity, and engagement
Drawing on his deep expertise working with IoE pioneers worldwide, Sidhu also helps you navigate the complex new security, privacy, and regulatory issues it's creating. Whether you're an executive, strategist, marketer, consumer, citizen, or policy-maker, The Internet of Everything reveals a bracing new future you need to understand, right now.