product description page
Disaster and Development Pageburst on Vitalsource Access Code : An Occupational Perspective (Hardcover)
About this item
A ground breaking book that crosses cultures and contexts to provide a foundation for critical reflection on the role of occupation in disaster and development. An occupational perspective is illuminated by drawing upon the experiences of survivors, practitioners, personnel from local and international organisations, researchers and academics, with implications for policy, practice and education.
- supports the development, use and practice of occupational therapy in disaster preparedness and response contexts
- presents a rich array of new material and learning which is sought after by occupational therapy and occupational science professions
- case study experiences covering epidemics, refugee crises, industrial emergencies, conflict, terrorism and natural disasters
- concludes with a description and analysis of a proposed occupational framework for disaster preparedness and response
- Contributed by a truly global team of authors from Australia, the US, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, the UK, Hong Kong, Indonesia...
- Edited by a team who are widely recognised and experienced in development and disaster contexts
Number of Pages: 288
Sub-Genre: Allied Health Services / Occupational Therapy
Publisher: Elsevier Science Health Science
Street Date: March 17, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 248-00-3917
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.