product description page
Documentation for Rehabilitation : A Guide to Clinical Decision Making in Physical Therapy (Paperback)
about this item
Better patient management starts with better documentation! Documentation for Rehabilitation: A Guide to Clinical Decision Making in Physical Therapy,3rd Edition shows how to accurately document treatment progress and patient outcomes. Designed for use by rehabilitation professionals, documentation guidelines are easily adaptable to different practice settings and patient populations. Realistic examples and practice exercises reinforce concepts and encourage you to apply what you've learned. Written by expert physical therapy educators Lori Quinn and James Gordon, this book will improve your skills in both documentation and clinical reasoning.
- A practical framework shows how to organize and structure PT records, making it easier to document functional outcomes in many practice settings, and is based on the International Classification for Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF) model - the one adopted by the APTA.
- Coverage of practice settings includes documentation examples in acute care, rehabilitation, outpatient, home care, and nursing homes, as well as a separate chapter on documentation in pediatric settings.
- Guidelines to systematic documentation describe how to identify, record, measure, and evaluate treatment and therapies - especially important when insurance companies require evidence of functional progress in order to provide reimbursement.
- Workbook/textbook format uses examples and exercises in each chapter to reinforce your understanding of concepts.
- NEW Standardized Outcome Measures chapter leads to better care and patient management by helping you select the right outcome measures for use in evaluations, re-evaluations, and discharge summaries.
- UPDATED content is based on data from current research, federal policies and APTA guidelines, including incorporation of new terminology from theGuide to Physical Therapist 3.0 and ICD-10 coding.
- EXPANDED number of case examples covers an even broader range of clinical practice areas.
Ensure confident clinical decisions and maximum reimbursement in a variety of practice settings such as acute care, outpatient, home care, and nursing homes with the only systematic approach to documentation for rehabilitation professionals! Revised and expanded, this hands-on textbook/workbook provides a unique framework for maintaining evidence of treatment progress and patient outcomes with a clear, logical progression. Extensive examples and exercises in each chapter reinforce concepts and encourage you to apply what you've learned to realistic practice scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Combination textbook/workbook format reinforces your understanding and tests your ability to apply concepts through practice exercises.
- UNIQUE! Systematic approach to documenting functional outcomes provides a practical framework for success in numerous practice settings.
- Case studies show you how to format goals through realistic client examples.
- Practice exercises provide valuable experience applying concepts to common clinical problems.
- Four NEW chapters address additional aspects of documentation that rehabilitation professionals will encounter in practice:
- Legal aspects of documentation
- Documentation in pediatrics
- Payment policy and coding
- Computerized documentation