product description page
Drawing for Dummies (Paperback) (Jamie Combs & Brenda Hoddinott)
about this item
Drawing can enrich your life in extraordinary and unexpected ways. Drawing your everyday experiences can change how you and others see the world, while drawing from your imagination can give rise to fantastic new worlds. And, despite what you may believe, it's something just about anyone can learn to do.
Drawing For Dummies offers you a fun, easy way to learn the drawing basics. Holding fast to the simple philosophy that only you can teach yourself to draw, it gives you the tools you need to explore the basics and move on to more advanced techniques. This revised edition of one of the most successful For Dummies guides includes
- Additional step-by-step instructions for drawing people, animals, still life, and more
- Coverage of effects, composition, and perspective
- How-to art projects that show you how to create your drawings from simple geometric shapes to finished artwork
It's never too late to unleash the artist within. Let Drawing For Dummies, 2nd edition put you on the road to discovery and self-expression through drawing.
- A discussion of additional shading techniques, including blending
- Complete information on the tools and materials needed, including the different types of pencils available and how best to use them
- Updated and added projects allowing readers to try their skills drawing animals, still life, and more
- Thorough, step-by-step instruction and additional art allowing readers to build their drawings from the ground up, from geometric shapes to finished artwork
- More comprehensive coverage of perspective and composition, going beyond two-point perspective to three-point perspective, and creating visual tension and interest
- Expanded step-by-step coverage for drawing people, including anatomy, proportion, and movement