product description page
Dysphagia Cookbook : Great Tasting and Nutritious Recipes for People With Swallowing Difficulties
about this item
The Dysphagia Cookbook is a specialty cookbook filled with nutritious, great-tasting recipes for those whose eating options are limited by chewing and swallowing difficulties. All of the recipes focus on enhancing flavor, presentation, texture, aroma, and color, for there are many other products that supply nutritious calories or liquids but give little attention to these quality-of-life concerns.
Included in The Dysphagia Cookbook:
- A classification of S, G, or P indicates consistency levels of soft, ground, or puréed.
- Flexible instructions provide suggestions for adapting recipes to accommodate increasing levels of chewing and swallowing difficulties.
- There are many recipes with an international flavor that do not use difficult-to-find ingredients.
- Ready-made products that have been tested for thickness, flavor, ease of chewing, and ease of purchase and preparation are listed.
- A section on must-have kitchen supplies helps cooks deal with the new ways of preparing food for people with swallowing difficulties.
- The approach is practical rather than clinical.
The ritual of eating gives shape and meaning to our lives. Many meals are consumed in a pleasant atmosphere with the company of loved ones and friends in lively conversation. The Dysphagia Cookbook is an attempt to restore this joy and dignity to those whose pleasure in this area has been limited to one degree or another.