product description page
Eco-Friendly Nano-Hybrid Materials for Advanced Engineering Applications (Hardcover)
about this item
This new book focuses on eco-friendly nanohybrid. It clearly summarizes the fundamentals and established techniques of synthesis and processing of eco-friendly nanohybrid materials to provide a systematic and coherent picture of synthesis and the processing of nanomaterials.
The research on nanotechnology is evolving and expanding very rapidly. Nanotechnology represents an emerging technology that has the potential to have an impact on an incredibly wide number of industries, such as the medical, environmental, and pharmaceutical industries. There is a growing need to develop environmentally friendly processes for corrosion control that do not employ toxic chemicals. This book helps to fill this need.
This volume is a comprehensive compilation of several trending research topics, such as fouling, energy-storing devices, water treatment, corrosion, biomaterials, and high performance materials. The topics are approached in an encompassing manner, covering the basics and the recent trends in this area, clearly defining the problems and suggesting potential solutions.
Topics in the book include:
- Synthesis of complex polymer intermediates
- Synthesis of nanoparticles and nanofibers
- Binding interaction between nano- and micromaterials
- Fabrication of polymer nanocomposites
- Making of functionally terminated nanohybrid coatings
- Development of corrosion resistant coatings
- Antifouling coatings
- Bioceramic materials
- Materials for therapeutic and aesthetic applications
Eco-Friendly Nano-Hybrid Materials for Advanced Engineering Applications will benefit a wide variety of those in this field, including:
- Shipping and coating industries encountering fouling problems
- Innovators in the field of energy storage and electrical equipment
- Developers of efficient water treatment systems
- Biomedical industries looking for novel bio-compatible materials
- Industries seeking high performance epoxy-based materials needed for specific applications