product description page
EDMR Therapy Scripted Protocols and Summary Sheets : Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
About this item
EMDR Therapy is a psychotherapy approach based on standard procedures and protocols. This book is an important resource that focuses on applying EMDR therapy to anxiety, obsessive-compulsive, and mood-related conditions using EMDR Therapy’s standard procedures and protocols as its template. The scripts distill the essence of the Standard EMDR Protocols and reinforce the specific parts, sequence, and language used to create an effective outcome. Also, it illustrates how clinicians are using this framework to work with a variety of conditions while maintaining the integrity of the AIP model.
Edited by a leading EMDR scholar and practitioner, it delivers step-by-step protocols that enable beginning practitioners as well as seasoned EMDR clinicians, trainers, and consultants to enhance their expertise more quickly when treating clients or groups of clients with these conditions. These chapters reflect the expertise of EMDR clinicians treating anxiety disorders including specific phobia, panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder; obsessive-compulsive disordersincluding body dysmorphic disorder, olfactory reference syndrome, and hoarding behaviors; and mood disorders including bipolar disorder, major depression, and postpartum depression. For each topic, authors include relevant questions for history taking, helpful resources and explanations, frequently used negative and positive cognitions, and information on case conceptualization and treatment planning.
Comprised of past, present, and future templates, the scripts are conveniently presented in an easy-to-use manual-style format that facilitates a reliable, consistent procedure. Summary sheets for each protocol support quick retrieval of essential issues and components for the clinician while putting together a treatment plan for the client. These scripted protocols and completed summary sheets can be inserted right into a client’s chart for easy documentation.
- Addresses working with issues related to clients with anxiety, obsessive-compulsive, and mood-related conditions such as specific fears and phobias, panic disorder with and without agoraphobia, body dysmorphic disorder, hoarding behaviors, bipolar disorder, depressive disorders and post-partum depression prevention
- Describes how to use EMDR Therapy based on its standard procedures and protocols
- Provides step-by-step scripts that enable practitioners to enhance their expertise more quickly and to assist consultants with consultation
- Provides past, present and future templates and the eleven-step procedure essential to the standard of EMDR practice
- Includes summary sheets for each protocol to facilitate the gathering and quick retrieval of client information
- Available in print, EBook, and CD-ROM
- Expandable and editable digital format for easy access and customized tailoring to therapi