About this item
- Witness the amazing world of insects with this escape-proof habitat designed just for ants! Watch as they build an intricate tunnel system, see how they respond to different types of food, and discover their habits by day and by night.
- Part of the award-winning GeoSafari line of products by Educational Insights
- Includes escape-proof ant habitat measuring 8.5"W x 8"H; water dropper; canal starting tool; 24-page guidebook; and mail-in certificate for ants
- Introduce the amazing world of science. Learn to care for pets.
- The Mini Ant Factory is designed for children ages 5 and up
Set up and maintain your very own ant habitat with the Mini Ant Factory! This escape-proof habitat is the perfect place to observe ants tunneling, eating, and more. Guide includes ant care and colony observation tips. Go buggy, with the Mini Ant Factory!
Suggested Age: 5 Years and Up
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
Grade Level: Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade
Number of Players: 1 or More Players
Educational Focus: Science
Power Source: Non-powered
Item Number (DPCI): 087-15-0623
Not in stores
WARNING: choking hazard - small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Ratings & reviews2
overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars, see all reviews
Most recent reviews
Highlight of My Childhood
5 out of 5 stars
Jess — 4 years ago
I remember receiving this ant farm for my eighth birthday and I fell in love. I loved those ants and would spend hours each day looking into the farm and wondering what it was like in their world. However, I would often worry of them drowning, as they could easily knock over their water bowl. Sure e...see moreof the reviewer's review
(would not recommend)
2 out of 5 stars
Disappointed — 5 years ago
I was planning on using this ant enclosure in my science center in my classroom, but I have yet to receive my ants that I ordered from the card insert in the Ant Zone package. I think ANT ZONE may need to acquire a different ant supplier! The Ant Zone enclosure may be great, but if I can't get ants,...see moreof the reviewer's review