About this item
- Future archeologists chip away at a clay rock, using an included scraper and brush, to uncover 10 real specimens from Earth's past
- Part of the award-winning GeoSafari line of products by Educational Insights
- Includes clay rock containing 4 gemstones, 3 rock specimens, and 3 fossils; excavation tool; excavation brush; fossil, rock and gem secret identity chart; log book; storage and display tray
- Introduce the earth sciences. Support STEM learning.
- The GeoSafari Mystery Rock is designed for kids ages 6-12
Uncover real fossils, gemstones, rocks, and minerals with the GeoSafari Mystery Rock! Use the included scraper and brush to dig 10 buried treasures out of the clay rock. The GeoSafari Mystery Rock provides hours of archeology-style fun.
Contains: Does not contain any of the 8 major allergens
Suggested Age: 5 Years and Up
CPSC Choking Hazard Warnings: Choking_hazard_small_parts
Grade Level: 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade
Number of Players: 1 or More Players
Educational Focus: Science
Item Number (DPCI): 087-15-0622
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.
overall: 3.7 out of 5 stars, see all reviews
Most recent reviews
Great Entertainment Toy
5 out of 5 stars
voracious reader — 5 years ago
My grandson loved this toy of discovery. He did not follow good archaeological practices by carefully extricating the treasures. However, one could certainly teach those to a more patient child. Mine is 6. The plastic tool is a bit flimsy. Eventually under my close supervision he resorted to a hamme...see moreof the reviewer's review
My Class Loved It!
4 out of 5 stars
Dunnzilla — 5 years ago
I had 4-5 students working on each rock. It took quite a bit of time for the students to work through the clay to get to the specimens. They loved this project! I think it was great for them to realize that they needed to work slowly and carefully or they could damage their specimens. Real paleontol...see moreof the reviewer's review
Great concept, disappointing execution
(would not recommend)
2 out of 5 stars
Kathy — 7 years ago
My 10 year old daughter loves everything rock, fossil, and gem-related. She BEGGED me to get her this for Christmas. I thought it looked pretty cool, so I did. The first disappointment was the size of the mystery rock "matrix" (i.e., the clay that the rocks and gems are hidden in). It was maybe 7 in...see moreof the reviewer's review