product description page
Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care (Hardcover) (Ph.D. Robert M. Kacmarek & M.D. James K. Stoller &
About this item
Designed for optimal student learning for over 40 years, Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 11th Edition provides you with the strong background you need to succeed in the field of respiratory care. Nicknamed "the Bible for respiratory care," it helps you gain a thorough understanding of the role of respiratory therapists, the scientific basis for treatment, and clinical applications. Comprehensive chapters correlate to the most up-to-date 2015 NBRC Detailed Content Outline for the TM-CE to successfully prepare you for clinical and credentialing exam success. Always in step with the ever-changing field of respiratory care, this easy-to-read new edition features five new chapters, as well as new information on online charting systems, patient databases, research databases, meaningful use, simulation, and an expanded discussion of the electronic medical record system.
- User-friendly full-color design calls attention to special features to enhance learning.
- Evolve learning resources include PowerPoint slides, Test Bank questions, an English-Spanish glossary, an image collection, a Body Spectrum Anatomy Coloring Book, and student lecture notes that enhance instructors' teaching and students' learning.
- Student Workbook reflects the text's updated content and serves as a practical study guide offering numerous case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities.
- Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) used by RTs in hospitals to assess a patient, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes, are incorporated throughout the text to develop your critical thinking skills and teach the value of following an established protocol.
- Expert authorship from the leading figures in respiratory care ensures that critical content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
- Excerpts of 40 published Clinical Practice Guidelines provide you with important information regarding patient care, indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, and assessment of outcome and monitoring.
- UNIQUE! Egan's trusted reputation as the preeminent fundamental respiratory care textbook for more than 40 years maintains its student focus and comprehensive coverage while keeping in step with the profession.
- Updated content reflects changes in the industry to ensure it is both current and clinically accurate and prepares you for a career as a respiratory therapist in today's health care environment.
- UNIQUE! Mini Clinis give you an opportunity to apply text content to actual patient care through short, critical-thinking case scenarios.Mini Clinis can also be used as a point of focus in class discussion to strengthen students' critical thinking skills.
- UNIQUE! Rules of Thumb highlight rules, formulas, and