product description page
Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care (Workbook) (Paperback) (Sandra T. Hinski)
about this item
Keyed chapter-by-chapter to the market-leading text, Workbook for Egan's Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 11th Editionis filled with more NBRC-style, case study application, and analysis-style questions that prepare you to excel on exams.This comprehensive Workbook features a new design with a second color that highlights important information, breaks up text, and offers better usability. New chapters correlate with the text to keep you current, and a wide range of activities engage and guide you through some of the text's more difficult concepts.
- Word Wizard tests your knowledge of key terms.
- Meet the Objectives assess your learning outcomes.
- Key Points identify key concepts from the chapter.
- Case studies test comprehension of assessment and intervention strategies and help you practice critical thinking.
- What Does the NBRC Say? provides information on expectations of NBRC, gives a sampling of NBRC-style multiple-choice questions, and helps you prepare for the certification exam.
- Food for Thought offers thought-provoking tips and questions.
- Information Age highlights all the resources available to you on the web.
- A Picture is Worth (including Pneumo-nuggets) features a mixture of labeling exercises and "nuggets" of information in the form of tips or questions.
- Chapter-specific exercises offer various activities, such as exercises on ethics, equipment, and mathematics.
- NEW! Five all-new chapters bring you the most up-to-date information on the fundamentals of respiratory care research, trauma, burns, near drowning, patient ventilator interaction, flexible bronchoscopy, and extracorporeal life support (ECLS).
- NEW! A second color helps highlight pertinent information, breaks up text, and provides a better overall look.
- EXPANDED! More NBRC-style questions help you pass the NBRC examination.
- NEW! Updated content reflects changes in the 11th edition of the text.