product description page

El precio de la desigualdad/ The Price of Inequality - by Joseph E. Stiglitz (Paperback)

El precio de la desigualdad/ The Price of Inequality -  by Joseph E. Stiglitz (Paperback) - image 1 of 1
$11.95

about this item

Las consecuencias de la desigualdad son conocidas: altos índices de criminalidad, problemas sanitarios, menores niveles de educación, de cohesión social y de esperanza de vida. Pero¿cuáles son sus causas, por qué está creciendo con tanta rapidez y cuál es su efecto sobre la economía? El precio de la desigualdad proporciona las esperadas respuestas a estas apremiantes cuestiones en una de las más brillantes contribuciones de un economista al debate público de los últimos años. Una contundente crítica a las ideas del libre mercado y a la dirección que Estados Unidos y muchas otras sociedades han tomado durante los últimos treinta años, demostrando por qué no es solo injusta sino además insensata.ENGLISH DESCRIPTIONWhile the top 1 percent of the population enjoy the best health care, education, and benefits of wealth, they fail to realize that "their fate is bound up with how the other 99 percent live." The consequences of inequality are known: higher crime rates, sanitary issues, lower levels of education, social unity, and hope for a better life. Here,Nobel Prize-winning economist provides answers to this rapidly growing and troubling matter.
Number of Pages: 498.0
Genre: Business + Money Management
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Penguin Random House Grupo USA
Author: Joseph E. Stiglitz
Language: Spanish
Street Date: March 28, 2017
TCIN: 52229422
UPC: 9788490626054
Item Number (DPCI): 248-43-6377

guest reviews

Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store & online. See our price match guarantee. See how a store is chosen for you.