product description page
Electronics for Kids : Play With Simple Circuits and Experiment With Electricity (Paperback) (Oyvind
about this item
Why does the light in your bedroom turn on when you flip a switch? How does a remote controlled car move? And how do the blinking lights on your TV and microwave work, anyway? The technology in your house may seem magical, but most of it wouldn't run without electricity.
Electronics for Kids demystifies electricity and teaches you to build awesome electronics projects, all on your own. First, you'll learn how circuits, voltage, and current work, and then you'll apply that knowledge in hands-on projects. Each part of the book focuses on different fundamental electronics concepts.
Play with electricity to figure out how it works:
- Make an intruder alarm with a gigantic aluminum foil switch
- Turn metal into an electromagnet
- Transform a cup, some magnets, and wire into a spinning motor
- Power a light with a lemon battery
- Blink an LED with resistors, capacitors, and relays
- Build your own touch sensor
- Create a musical instrument that makes sci-fi sounds
- Discover how binary numbers can represent anything, even letters
- Build electronic dice with logic gates and LEDs
- Make an electronic lock and learn about digital counters