product description page
EMDR Therapy and Mindfulness for Trauma-Focused Care - (Paperback)
About this item
Based on the belief that mindfulness is a critical component in the delivery of EMDR, this innovative text integrates mindfulness-informed practice with EMDR therapy to create an effective new approach for healing trauma. Based on current evidence-based research, the book demonstrates—with clear, step-by-step guidelines—how clinicians can conceptualize and deliver trauma-focused care in both mental health and addiction treatment. Infused with practical applications, the book offers clearly articulated and effective approaches that provide a concrete beginning, middle, and end of treatment planning.
Following a description of the long history of mindfulness practices, the book offers guidelines for developing one’s own mindfulness practice—emphasizing the use of trauma-focused language—and suggestions for teaching specific techniques to clients. The book describes both classic and creative mindfulness practices, including breath awareness/sensory grounding, breath meditation, body scanning, feeling tone meditation, labeling, standing meditation, walking meditation, and loving-kindness meditation, along with using day-to-day objects as a meditative focus, movement practices, the expressive arts, and other forms of creativity.
- Offers a complete framework for healing trauma by integrating mindfulness-informed practice with EMDR therapy
- Provides clearly articulated, step-by-step approaches that are evidence-based
- Authored by noted experts in EMDR and mindfulness-based therapies
- Includes guidelines for developing one’s own mindfulness practice and tools for teaching specific practices to clients
- Describes both classic and creative mindfulness practices