About this item
Thoroughly updated and featuring 75 new entries, this monumental four-volume work illuminates past and present events associated with civil rights and civil liberties in the United States.
• Offers 686 alphabetically arranged entries, ranging from thoroughly updated entries from the first edition to 75 new entries that cover dramatic changes in civil rights and liberties in the last decade
• Covers the latest events and controversies surrounding civil liberties issues in America
• Fully explores the scope and limitations of Constitutional rights, a perennially hot topic in American politics and society
• Includes primary documents with contextual headnotes to enhance understanding of the full importance of the featured document
• Provides sources for further reading with each entry to help users engage in additional research