product description page
Endocannabinoid System : Genetics, Biochemistry, Brain Disorders, and Therapy (Hardcover) (Eric
About this item
The Endocannabinoid System: Genetics, Biochemistry, Brain Disorders, and Therapy examines the cellular, biochemical, genetic, and therapeutic aspects of the endocannabinoid system. The chapters cover significant conceptual advances in the endocannabinoid field and shed light on the many brain disorders in which this biological system is involved.
Written by world-leading experts in the field, the topics covered in this book will have a positive impact on the area of molecular biology, including, but not limited to, cell biology, neuroscience, pharmacology, signaling, disease mechanisms, and therapeutics.
- Provides an introduction to endocannabinoids in the central nervous system and an overview to their functions in the brain
- Presents information on neurobiological and cellular studies on the role of the cannabinoid signaling system and its implications in human diseases
- Includes well-written overviews of the basics of endocannabinoid system structure and function
- Contains well-illustrated material, with diagrams, charts, and tables
- Explores compelling case studies and their application to chapters written by experts