product description page
Energy Sources : Fundamentals of Chemical Conversion Processes and Applications (Hardcover)
about this item
Energy Sources: Fundamentals of Chemical Conversion Processes and Applications provides the latest information on energy and the environment, the two main concerns of any progressive society. Continuous efforts have to be exercised in both these areas by any of the developing communities. Energy conversion has evolved as the main concern today due to various ecological imbalances, including climate change. Only a well-informed society on energy can be a sustainable in the future.
This book attempts to inform and provide the fundamentals behind all energy conversion processes, identifies future research needs, and discusses the potential application of each process in a clear and concise manner. It is a valuable source for both chemists and chemical engineers who are working to improve current and developing future energy sources, and is a single source that deals with almost all energy sources for these purposes, reviewing the fundamentals, comparing the various processes, and suggesting future research directions.
- Compiles, in a single source, all energy conversion processes, enabling easy evaluation and selection
- Explains the science behind each conversion process and facilitates understanding
- Contains many illustrations, diagrams, and tables enabling a clear and comprehensible understanding of the pros and cons of the various processes
- Includes an exhaustive glossary of all terms used in the conversion processes which makes the understanding easy and facilitates better communication across all groups in this multidisciplinary area
- Presents the current status and future directions, thus enabling good identification of future research needs and planning new research
- Presents a concise and comprehensive overview of all energy sources