product description page
Energy Systems Engineering : Evaluation and Implementation (Hardcover) (Ph.D. Francis M. Vanek & Ph.D.
About this item
A definitive guide to energy systems engineering—thoroughly updated for the latest technologies
This fully revised book features comprehensive coverage of all types of energy systems, from fossil fuels and nuclear energy to solar, wind, biofuels, and energy systems for transportation. Throughout, new and expanded examples and end-of-chapter problems help to provide a practical understanding of each topic.
Written by a team of energy experts,Energy Systems Engineering Evaluation and Implementation, Third Edition, clearly explains how each technology works and discusses benefits and liabilities. You will get up-to-date information on global emission trends, the volatile price and supply of natural gas and oil, and the accelerated growth of alternative energy sources. Detailed methods to assess environmental impact, project scope, cost, energy consumption, and efficiency are provided.
- Offers a technology-neutral, portfolio approach to energy system options and policy tools
- Includes new and expanded discussions so small scale nuclear fusion, wind turbine designs for lower average wind speed, and electric vehicles
- Explains how to project future output from nonconventional oil and gas
- Covers waste-to-energy conversion and waste water energy recovery
- Features high-quality illustrations and tables