product description page
Entrepreneurial Journalism : How to go it alone and launch your dream digital project (Hardcover) (Paul
about this item
Entrepreneurial Journalism explains how, in the age of online journalism, digital-savvy media practitioners are building their careers by using low-cost digital technologies to create unique news platforms and cultivate diverse readerships, the book also offers a range of techniques and tips that will help readers achieve the same. Its opening chapters introduce a conceptual understanding of the business behind entrepreneurial journalism, the second half of the book then focuses on practice guidance on how to work successfully online.
- advice on launching digital start-ups
- how to use key analytics to track and focus readership
- engaging with mobile journalism by utilising the smartphone and app technology
- developing revenue streams that can make digital journalism sustainable
- legal and ethical dilemmas faced in a modern newsroom and
- the challenges of producing news for mobile readers.
Alongside this, leading figures from the BBC, Google and The Guardian, as well as some of Britain’s best entrepreneurial reporters, offer their advice on thriving in this developing media landscape. Additional support comes from an online resource bank, suggesting a variety of free tools to create online news content.
This is an invaluable resource for both practising journalists and students of journalism.