About this item
While much research has revealed which assessment practices have the most positive impact on student achievement and instruction, out-of-date, unproductive practices, which students find disengaging and disheartening, still persist. Discover how to use the power of assessment to instill hope, efficacy, and achievement in your students. With this research-based resource, you'll explore six essential tenets of assessment--assessment purpose, communication of assessment results, accurate interpretation, assessment architecture, instructional agility, and student investment--that will help deepen your understanding of assessment to not only meet standards but also enhance students' academic success and self-fulfillment.
- Interpret the research-based tenets of assessment that are necessary to maximize all students' learning.
- Gain advice and strategies for immediately acting on the six essential assessment tenets, including how to communicate assessment results to give feedback that produces constructive responses.
- Discover why it is vital that assessment practices build students' and teachers' hope, efficacy, and achievement.
- Consider scenarios that illustrate traditional, outmoded assessment practices and revised scenarios that feature practices that better reflect modern assessment needs.
- Reflect on questions related to the content of each chapter and study next steps that teaching teams can take.
Chapter 1: Hope, Efficacy, and Achievement
Chapter 2: Assessment Purpose
Chapter 3: Communication of Assessment Results
Chapter 4: Accurate Interpretation
Chapter 5: Assessment Architecture
Chapter 6: Instructional Agility
Chapter 7: Student Investment