product description page
Essential Guide to Freelance Writing : How to Write, Work, & Thrive on Your Own Terms (Paperback)
about this item
Prime Your Freelance Writing Career for Success!
So you want to be a freelance writer. Great! But now you're faced with a laundry list of questions: Should I freelance full time or part time? Should I write for magazines, newspapers, or online markets? How do I dream up the perfect article idea, and how do I pitch it successfully? How do I negotiate contracts, foster relationships with editors, and start getting steady work while avoiding financial panic attacks and unpleasant ulcers?
The Essential Guide to Freelance Writing answers all of these questions--and much more. From breaking in to navigating the basics of the business, this book is your road map to a fruitful and rewarding freelance life. You'll learn how to:
- Dig into various markets, including consumer magazines, trade journals, newspapers, and online venues.
- Make your digital mark and build your writing platform.
- Pitch like a pro and craft solid query letters that get responses.
- Conduct professional interviews in person, by phone, or by e-mail.
- Write and structure various types of articles, from front-of-the-book pieces to profiles and features.
- Quit your lackluster day job, and live the life you've always wanted.