product description page
Essential Retirement Guide : A Contrarian's Perspective (Hardcover) (Frederick Vettese)
about this item
The Essential Retirement Guide will detail saving for retirement– when, why, how, and how much. There is much miscommunication and false information about retirement planning. Inconsistences such as retirement target percentages of final pay, the amount of retirement income needed, and the use of proper investment vehicles, most of which cost hundreds of thousands of dollars more than necessary, all add to the mystification of most retirement planning advice.
The book will answer:
- When should I start to save?
- What takes priority: paying off the mortgage or saving for retirement?
- What is the most tax-effective investment vehicle during the accumulation phase?
- How should I invest?
- How much money do I need to retire comfortably?
- How much retirement income will I need?
- What percentage of my assets can I spend each year in retirement?
- How will my spending habits change over the course of my retirement?
- Do I need to worry about the cost of long-term care?
Fresh thinking in terms of retirement planning is called for. Actuary Frederick M. Vettese will showcase new perspectives for everyone approaching retirement.