product description page
Essentials of KTEA-3 and WIAT-III Assessment (Paperback) (Kristina C. Breaux & Elizabeth O.
About this item
This book offers a brief introduction to individual achievement testing and an up-to-date, comprehensive step-by-step approach to administering, scoring, and interpreting the new KTEA-3 and WIAT-III. The authors address clinical issues such as achievement testing in special populations, diagnosis of specific learning difficulties, gender differences in writing, identification of common reading disability subtypes, and how to use each test to monitor and document student response to intervention. Each clear, well-organized chapter, featuring callout boxes highlighting key concepts, bulleted points, and extensive illustrative material, as well as “Test Yourself” questions, is designed to help clinicians and students quickly acquire they skills they need to make optimal use of the tests.
- Covers achievement testing in special populations (bilingual children, children with ADHD, learning disabilities, or hearing impairments and gender difference in writing.
- Presents case studies of three children referred for psychoeducational evaluation in order to show how the KTEA–3 and WIAT–III may be used as part of a comprehensive test battery.
- Includes companion software to assist users in the proper administration and scoring of the KTEA-3 Written Expression subtests and facilitates a CHC/cross-battery approach with the WIAT–III and KTEA–3.Illustrates how both tests map to Common Core State Standards and discusses diagnosis of specific learning disabilities following IDEIA criteria.
- Helps identification of common reading disability subtypes, including recommended subtests to administer, patterns of performance that are characteristic of each subtype, and intervention implications.
- Describes how each test can be used to monitor and document RTI.