product description page
Essentials of Radiographic Physics and Imaging (Hardcover) (Ph.D. James N. Johnston)
About this item
Written by radiographers for radiographers, Essentials of Radiographic Physics and Imaging, 2nd Editionfollows the ASRT recommended curriculum and focuses on what the radiographer needs to understand to safely and competently perform radiographic examinations. This comprehensive radiologic physics and imaging text links the two subjects together so that you understand how they relate to each other - and to clinical practice. Prepare for success on the ARRT exam and the job with just the right amount of information on radiation production and characteristics, imaging equipment, film screen image acquisition and processing, digital image acquisition and display, image analysis, and the basic principles of computed tomography.
- 345 photos and line drawings encourage you to visualize important concepts.
- Strong pedagogy, including chapter objectives, key terms, outlines, bulleted chapter summaries, and specialty boxes, help you organize information and focus on what is most important in each chapter.
- Make the Physics Connection and Make the Imaging Connection boxes link physics and imaging concepts so you fully appreciate the importance of both subjects.
- Educator resources on Evolve, including lesson plans, an image collection, PowerPointpresentations, and a test bank, provide additional resources for instructors to teach the topics presented in the text.
- Theory to Practice boxes succinctly explain the application of concepts and describe how to use the information in clinical practice.
- Critical Concept boxes further explain and emphasize key points in the chapters.
- Math Application boxes use examples to show how mathematical concepts and formulas are applied in the clinical setting.
- An emphasis on the practical information highlights just what you need to know to ace the ARRT exam and become a competent practitioner.
- Numerous critique exercises teach you how to evaluate the quality of radiographic images and determine which factors produce poor images.
- A glossary of key terms serves as a handy reference.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the newest curriculum standards outlined by the ARRT and ASRT , providing you with the information you need to pass the boards.
- NEW! Critical Thinking Questions at the end of every chapter offer opportunity for review and greater challenge.
- NEW! Chapter Review Questions at the end of every chapter allow you to evaluate how well you have mastered the material in each chapter.
- NEW! Increased coverage of radiation protection principles helps you understand the ethical obligations to minimize radiation dosages, shielding, time and distance, how to limit the field of exposure and what that does to minimize dose, and techn