product description page
Ethics of Development : An Introduction - by David Ingram & Thomas J. Derdak (Paperback)
About this item
The Ethics of Development: An Introduction systematically and comprehensively examines the ethical issues surrounding the concept of development. Addressing important questions such as:
- What does development mean?
- Is there a human right to development?
- If we aim for sustainable development in an age of global climate change, should developed nations sacrifice economic growth for the sake of allowing developing countries to catch up?
- Should Eradication of Poverty or Diminution of Radical Inequality be the Principal Focus of Developmental Policy?
- What are the macro-economic theories of development? And how have they informed development policy?
- How does development work in practice?
Featuring case studies throughout this textbook provides a philosophical introduction to an incredibly topical issue studied by students within the fields of applied ethics, global justice, economics, politics, sociology and public policy.