About this item
- get your landlord to make repairs by using rent withholding or repair-and-deduct
- avoid disputes with roommates over rent, deposits, guests, and noise
- fight illegal discrimination, retaliation, or sexual harassment
- deal with hazards like lead paint, mold, or bedbugs
- break a lease with minimum liability, and
- get your security deposit returned on time.
This 9th edition of Every Tenant's Legal Guide includes the latest laws of your state—from security deposit rules to termination notice requirements. The book also includes expanded sections on tenant rights regarding sublets (including through Airbnb-type services), using ****** in the rental, and self advertising (how social media can help landlords find you).