product description page
Everything Kids' Nature Book : Create Clouds, Make Waves, Defy Gravity and Much More! (Paperback)
about this item
The natural world holds secrets under every rock and around every tree. If you've ever wondered what life is like through a microscope, telescope, or with the naked eye--you'll love this book!
- Run with the antelope across the American plains and learn about the food chain.
- Climb with a monkey to the highest tree in the rainforest and discover how photosynthesis keeps leaves green.
- Sink to the bottom of the ocean to follow creatures who have adapted to life in total darkness
- Travel with a meteor at speeds up to 160,000 miles per hour.
- Burrow with the earthworms in your own backyard.
Explores the different natural habitats--forests, rain forests, grasslands, deserts, cold regions, oceans and rivers--and the plant and animal life that exists in each, and offers related activities and word lists.
Number of Pages: 132
Genre: Juvenile Nonfiction
Sub-Genre: Science + Nature / General
Series Title: Everything Kids Series
Publisher: Adams Media Corp
Age Range: 9-12 years
Author: Kathiann M. Kowalski
Street Date: March 1, 2002
Item Number (DPCI): 248-17-4389