product description page
Expect the Best : Your Guide to Healthy Eating Before, During, and After Pregnancy (Paperback)
About this item
Completely updated and revised with the latest guidelines for nutrition and lifestyle before, during, and after pregnancy.
Expect the Best is a comprehensive guide for new and future parents that answers the most frequently asked questions about nutrition and lifestyle habits from preconception to post-delivery. This second edition translates the latest research and expert recommendations about how to have the healthiest baby possible into clear and concise advice without preaching, and includes a wide range of topics, such as:
- the healthiest lifestyle for fertility (including for dads-to-be!);
- calories and weight gain throughout pregnancy and after delivery;
- important vitamins and minerals and how to include them in your eating plan;
- what, and how much, exercise is best before, during, and after pregnancy;
- keeping food safe, and foods to avoid during pregnancy;
- how to manage morning sickness, gestational diabetes, and more; and
- what to eat when breastfeeding
This book provides easy-to-follow sample meal plans, and an expanded recipe chapter features more than 60 simple, nutritious recipes, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. This complete resource supplies what you need to make the best choices throughout your entire pregnancy journey!