product description page
Expecting 411 : The Insider's Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth: Clear Answers & Smart Advice For Your
about this item
Congratulations! You’re pregnant! Now, where do you turn to for the best advice? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those women who came before you—and combine it with the solid medical advice from a renowned Beverly Hills’ OB/GYN and nationally known pediatrician? Expecting 411 is the answer: smart, up-to-date and refreshingly free of paranoia, this is the book you’ll turn to for quick answers to your most pressing questions. Inside, you'll find:
- Is this normal? From morning sickness to stretch marks, you’ll learn what’s expected—and what’s not.
- Is it safe? Sushi? Hair dye? Coffee? Get detailed do’s and don’ts.
- How much weight should I gain? Find the latest guidelines.
- Breastfeeding 101. Learn the secrets of nursing from an expert.
- Detailed advice on prepping for parenthood, including all the decisions you need to make. What tests are required? Are optional?
- Easy-to-find answers on natural childbirth, nutrition, epidurals, when to call the doc and more!
- New guidelines for child birth—new advice on waiting to clamp and cut the umbilical cord after delivery.
- Zika: What you need to know to keep you and your baby safe.
- The latest research on autism risk factors during pregnancy: What you need to know and what to do to lower the risks.
- Home births: expanded info you need to make an informed decision on where to deliver.