product description page
Expert Hadoop Administration : Managing, Tuning, and Securing Spark, Yarn, and Hdfs (Paperback) (Sam R.
About this item
Stop searching the web for out-of-date, fragmentary, and unreliable information about running Hadoop! Now, there's a single source for all the authoritative knowledge and trustworthy procedures you need: Expert Hadoop 2 Administration: Managing Spark, YARN, and MapReduce.
Pioneering Hadoop/Big Data administrator Sam R. Alapati shares step-by-step procedures for confidently performing every important task involved in creating, configuring, securing, managing, and optimizing production Hadoop clusters. The only Hadoop administration guide written by a working Hadoop administrator, Expert Hadoop 2 Administration covers an unmatched range of topics, and offers an unparalleled collection of realistic examples. Alapati shares proven answers to complex configuration, management and performance tuning problems Hadoop administrators constantly encounter, and expert guidance for customizing Hadoop 2's intensely complex environment. Throughout, he integrates action-oriented advice with carefully-researched explanations of both problems and solutions. Coverage includes:
- Indispensable Hadoop 2 concepts, including architecture, clusters, and application frameworks
- Configuring high-reliability, high-performance Hadoop environments
- Managing and protecting Hadoop data and high availability, including HDFS management, compression, data formats, and NameNode
- Moving data, allocating resources and scheduling jobs with YARN, and managing job workflows with Oozie and Hue
- Hadoop 2 security, monitoring, logging, and benchmarking
- Troubleshooting root causes of severe performance slowdowns
- Preventing trouble by proactively maintaining healthy Hadoop environments
- Installing Hadoop 2 virtual environments, and more