product description page
Expert Scripting and Automation for SQL Server Dbas (Paperback) (Peter Carter)
About this item
Automate your database administration workload through a combination of PowerShell and T-SQL. Automate SQL Server build processes, monitor multiple instances from a single location, and automate routine maintenance tasks throughout your environment. Also learn to create automated responses to common and time-consuming, break/fix scenarios such as running low on disk space or filling up log space.
Database administrators are often under pressure to manage more databases then they are comfortable in managing. Automation is the key to responding to this challenge and continuing to run a reliable database platform service. Expert Scripting and Automation for SQL Server DBAs guides you through the process of automating the maintenance of your SQL Server enterprise. The book helps you become faster and better at what you do for a living, and thus more valuable in the job market.
- Extensive coverage of automation using PowerShell and T-SQL
- Detailed discussion and examples on metadata-driven automation
- Comprehensive coverage of automated responses to break/fix scenarios
What You Will Learn
- Automate the SQL Server build process
- Create intelligent, metadata-drive routines
- Automate common maintenance tasks
- Create automated responses to common break/fix scenarios
- Monitor multiple instance from a central location
- Utilize T-SQL and PowerShell for administrative purposes
Who This Book Is For
Expert Scripting and Automation for SQL Server DBAs is a book for SQL Server database administrators responsible for managing increasingly large numbers of databases across their business enterprise. The book is also useful for any database administrator looking to ease their workload through automation. The book addresses the needs of these audiences by showing how to get more done through less effort by implementing an intelligent, automated-processes service model using tools such as T-SQL, PowerShell, Server Agent, and the Management Data Warehouse.
Genre: Computers + Internet
Publisher: Springer Verlag
Author: Peter Carter
Street Date: July 28, 2016
Item Number (DPCI): 248-23-5324
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Report incorrect product info.