product description page
Exploring Education at Postgraduate Level : Policy, Theory and Practice (Hardcover)
About this item
There is a growing demand for educational professionals to develop a more critical understanding of the key and emerging debates in education so that they can better meet the challenges and demands placed upon them.Exploring Education at Postgraduate Level represents a range of perspectives from educational experts to academic researchers, and highlights the key issues surrounding contemporary education.
Organised into three parts and drawing on key issues in education theory, policy and practice, the book considers areas such as SEN, evaluating learning, ESOL and gender. Featuring reflective questions, case studies and summaries of core ideas, the chapters include:
- Troublesome learning journey;
- Applying educational thinkers to contemporary educational practice;
- Values production through social and emotional learning;
- Policy research: In defence ad hocery?;
- We are all critically reflective now: The politics of critical reflection in higher education and in the work place;
- Developing critical thought about SEN;
- The refuge of relativism.
Aimed at supporting students on Masters-level courses, this acessible but critically provocative text is an essential resource for those wishing to develop a more critical understanding of the role, purpose and function of educational systems and practices.