product description page
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (Emdr) Scripted Protocols and Summary Sheets : Treating
About this item
This one-stop resource is the first to focus on applying EMDR scripted protocols to medical related conditions. Edited by a leading EMDR scholar and practitioner, it delivers a wide range of step-by-step protocols that enable beginning clinicians as well as seasoned EMDR clinicians, trainers, and consultants alike to enhance their expertise more quickly when working with clients who present with medical-related issues. The scripts are conveniently outlined in an easy-to-use, manual style template, facilitating a reliable, consistent format for use with EMDR clients.
The scripts distill the essence of the Standard EMDR Protocols. They reinforce the specific parts, sequence, and language used to create an effective outcome, and illustrate how clinicians are using this framework to work with a variety of medical related issues while maintaining the integrity of the AIP model. Following a brief outline of the basic elements of EMDR procedures and protocols, the book focuses on applying EMDR scripted protocols to such key medical issues as somatic disorders, medical related trauma, cancer, multiple sclerosis, hyperemesis gravidarum, and birth trauma. It includes summary sheets for each protocol to facilitate gathering information, client documentation, and quick retrieval of salient information while formulating a treatment plan.
- Encompasses a wide range of step-by-step scripts for medical-related issues
- Includes scripted protocols and summary sheets in strict accordance with AIP model
- Facilitates the rapid development of practitioner expertise
- Outlined in convenient manual-style template
- Includes scripts for EMDR treatment of clients with cancer, somatic disorders, MS, sexual disorders, and more