product description page
Eyelid, Conjunctival, and Orbital Tumors : An Atlas and Textbook (Hardcover) (M.D. Jerry A. Shields &
about this item
Order these two volumes together and save 15% off the individual price!Intraocular Tumors, 3rd Edition and Eyelid, Conjunctival, and Orbital Tumors, 3rd Edition PACKAGESearch ISBN: 978-1-4963-2363-7For outstanding visual clarity in ocular diagnosis … nothing else comes close.In this updated and revised third edition, world-renowned authorities from the Wills Eye Hospital provide outstanding guidance on recognition, evaluation, and treatment of ocular tumors, highlighted by more than 3,000 stunning photographs and surgical drawings. This unsurpassed ocular oncology resource is a comprehensive guide to the clinical features, diagnosis, management, and pathology of eyelid, conjunctival, and orbital tumors and pseudotumors, depicting clinical variations, treatment and histopathologic characteristics of the wide spectrum of neoplasms and related lesions. Now brought thoroughly up to date with recent clinical and scientific innovations, this unique volume offers more high-quality images than any other text/atlas in the field.
- Presents each entity in an easy-to-follow format: a concise description with references on the left-hand page and six illustrations on the right-hand page.
- Depicts in precise photographic detail the gross and microscopic features that distinguish each type of lesion, while professional drawings and intraoperative photographs demonstrate key surgical principles and procedures.
- Includes numerous new references regarding diagnosis and treatment, as well as new scientific tables containing key information for your clinical practice.
- Features 25% new images, including panoramic images, surgical images, diagnostic testing images from multiple modalities, and updated, high resolution MRI and CT scans.
- Covers new information on evolving conditions such as IgG4 orbital inflammatory disease, solitary fibrous tumor of the orbit, and lymphoid proliferations of the orbit, conjunctiva, and globe; as well as new methods of nonsurgical therapy such as topical chemotherapy, intravenous chemotherapy, and immunotherapy and biological therapy with Rituxan for lymphoma; and new information on classification of various tumors and expected outcomes are clearly displayed in table format.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Number of Pages: 806
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Author: M.D. Jerry A. Shields & M.D. Carol L. Shields
Street Date: October 9, 2015
Item Number (DPCI): 247-50-5322