product description page
Facilitating Evidence-Based Practice for Students With ASD : A Classroom Observation Tool for Building
About this item
How can schools and districts support better outcomes for students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD)? Find the answers in this essential guide for administrators and educators, a user-friendly roadmap for assessing teachers' current instruction and implementing evidence-based teaching practices.
The heart of this unique resource is an efficient Classroom Observation Tool developed by the authors (in collaboration with classroom teachers and administrators), which helps support school teams in implementing evidence-based practices for teaching students with ASD. After uncovering strengths and needs with the tool, educational leaders can use the practical guidelines and strategies in the book to strengthen instruction at the classroom, school, and district levels. Readers will also get critical background information on students with ASD, including their cognitive processes, the challenges they encounter in school, the fundamentals of intervention, and the key laws and regulations every school leader needs to know.
With this informative tool and concise handbook, school leaders can make high-quality instruction the norm in every classroom— and develop new ways to support the engagement and learning of all students with ASD.USE THE BOOK AND TOOL TOGETHER TO:
- assess evidence-based practices in both general and special education settings
- identify areas for improvement and target professional development efforts
- help teachers develop and deliver effective instruction for students with ASD
- match teaching practices with the cognitive profiles and learning needs of individual students
- learn new strategies for productive collaboration between teachers and administrators