product description page
Family, Inc. (MP3-CD) (Larry Colin)
about this item
More than 24 family businesses in the United States employ 62 percent of America's workforce. And in Asia, Europe, Australia, and Latin America, experts say family businesses could account for as much as 80 percent of the private sector.What's different about dealing with family members compared with dealing with underlings and managers at an impersonal corporation? When was the last time sales for a Fortune 500 company slumped because two brothers couldn't get along? Not that often, if ever. But it happens all the time in family businesses.
Millions of families spanning the globe know they have problems ordinary businesses don't; they know if they don't keep the family on track, the business will derail. Family, Inc. is a witty, engaging blueprint for maintaining peace within the family without busting the business. The authors use characters straight out of "Family Business Central Casting" to provide uncommon insights mixed with commonsense solutions. After all, they know that firing Uncle Bill is a bit more traumatic than firing just any Bill.
- Dad the Decider: Can he run a successful business and keep the family happy?
- Mom, CFO (Chief Family Officer): Can she keep the business from destroying her family?
- The Hard-Charging Son: How can he get Dad to move aside without ruining their relationship?
- The Sibling Rivals: Will they ever cooperate when each believes Dad loved the other one best?
- Mrs. & Mr. Inc.: How can they juggle business, marriage, sex, and the kids?
- The Supportive Spouse: What can she do to ensure her husband is treated fairly on the job by her family?