product description page
Family Style Chinese Cookbook : Authentic Recipes from My Culinary Journey Through China - (Paperback)
About this item
Discover everything you need to cook traditional Chinese mainstays from your very own kitchen. With Family Style Chinese Cookbook you’ll enjoy authentic recipes and personal stories from the hearts of Chinese families to the kitchen table of yours.
Chinese cuisine is responsible for some of the most tantalizing dishes in the world. However, creating authentic Chinese dishes at home can be daunting. We’re not talking about westernized versions that you can find in other Chinese cookbooks. When we say “authentic” we mean succulent flavors, vibrant aromatics, intricate techniques, and bold pairings—you know, the good stuff.
Shanti Christensen certainly knows the difference! As a food editor for Time Out Beijing and avid traveller, Shanti experienced the best cuisine China had to offer. Yet Shanti still yearned to know about Chinese culture and cuisine in a deeper way; to understand the Chinese experience from the most intimate perspective—that of the Chinese family.
Family Style Chinese Cookbook is an assemblage of family recipes that Shanti collected during her time with families throughout China. Presented alongside endearing stories, these recipes form a Chinese cookbook that evokes a truly unique experience to excite your curious spirit and surprise your adventurous palette.
With Family Style Chinese Cookbook you’ll find everything you need to cook traditional Chinese mainstays from your very own kitchen, such as:
- High quality, truly authentic, Chinese family heirloom recipes
- Cooking tips based on your personal preferences and suggested variations for hard to find ingredients
- Guidance for stocking up on Chinese pantry essentials and finding unique ingredients
- Overview of essential equipment commonly required for proper recipe preparation such as a Glazed Clay Pot, Wok, and Mandoline
- Simplified instructions of basic cooking techniques including those for tenderizing meat, stir-frying, parboiling, and braising
In China, food brings people together. With the ease and simplicity of Family Style Chinese Cookbook, you and yours will savor the bold flavors, sweet aromas, and warm connection that can only be offered through authentic Chinese cooking.