product description page
Fashion Branding and Consumer Behaviors : Scientific Models (Reprint) (Paperback)
about this item
Fashion Branding and Consumer Behaviors presents eye-opening theory, literature review and original research on the mutual influence of branding strategies and consumer response. Contributors use multiple methods to analyze consumers' psychosocial needs and the extent that their fulfillment goes beyond the usefulness or value of the items they purchase as well as the fashion industry's means of communicating brand identity and enhancing brand loyalty. Along the way, these studies raise important questions about consumer behaviors, consumer welfare, environmental ethics and the future of consumer research. Included in the coverage:
- A symbolic interactionist perspective on fashion brand personality and advertisement response.
- Optimizing fashion branding strategies in a fluctuating market.
- An analysis of fashion brand extensions by artificial neural networks.
- Domestic or foreign luxury brands? A comparison of status- and non-status- seeking teenagers.
- The impact of consumers’ need for uniqueness on purchase perception.
- How brand awareness relates to market outcome, brand equity and the marketing mix.
A breakthrough volume on the complexities of how and why we buy, Fashion Branding and Consumer Behaviors willcaptivate researchers and practitioners in the fields of consumer psychology, marketing and economics.