product description page
Fast Facts About GI and Liver Diseases for Nurses : What APRNs Need to Know in a Nutshell (Paperback)
about this item
Fills a gap in information for frontline professionals caring for GI and Liver patients
The only resource of its kind, this is a concise, practical guide to GI and Liver Disease that delivers current information on diagnosing, managing, and treating common GI and liver disorders, along with liver transplant guidelines. Written for nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants in varied specialties, it fills a gap in information needed by primary and acute care professionals who are the chief caretakers for GI and liver patients. This guide delivers recent important treatment advances that have revolutionized GI and liver care, and provides guidance for seeking expert advice or urgent/emergent care for more complex cases. An outstanding feature is the prominently displayed “Fast Facts in a Nutshell” highlighting key takeaway points at a glance.
The resource reviews common GI symptoms and disorders from irritable bowel disorders (including key differences between Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis) to gallstones and GERD. A section on liver disease describes essential liver functions, reviews liver function tests, and addresses commonly and less commonly seen liver disease diagnoses. Complications of cirrhosis are examined to assure prompt recognition of these potentially deadly symptoms. Additionally, the book addresses liver transplantation with comprehensive attention to the evaluation process, organ donation/allocation, and post-transplant care for donor and recipient alike. Each chapter includes an overview, significant laboratory or imaging findings, treatment options, expected outcomes, and “Fast Facts in a Nutshell.” An additional feature is the provision of IDC-10 codes for billing and reimbursement.
- Provides speedy access to current information on diagnosing managing, and treating common GI and liver disorders for front-line professionals
- Includes comprehensive review of the liver, abnormal liver function tests (LFTs), and transplantation
- Reflects up-to date information on the latest treatment guidelines for gastrointestinal and liver disease, including celiac disease and Hepatitis C
- Addresses common gastrointestinal diseases and guidelines for treatment as outlined by ACG
- Discusses current liver disease management and guidelines for treatment as outlined by AASLD