product description page
Fat for Fuel Ketogenic Cookbook : Recipes and Ketogenic Keys to Health from a World-Class Doctor and an
About this item
Food is medicine. Hippocrates himself, 16 centuries ago, understood this essential truth about healing. Today, natural-health expert Dr. Joseph Mercola and superstar Australian chef Pete Evans share the firm belief that food can be a powerful tool to reshape our health. In this new volume—a companion to Dr. Mercola’s best-selling Fat for Fuel—they’ve joined forces to put this tool in your hands.
Dr. Mercola is renowned for his visionary work in natural medicine; Pete Evans is acclaimed as an award-winning restaurateur, cookbook author, and TV chef, host of PBS’s Moveable Feast with Fine Cooking. Drawing on their combined expertise, The Fat for Fuel Ketogenic Cookbook is an impeccably researched, beautifully illustrated, comprehensive guide to eating the ketogenic way—in true epicurean style. In its pages, you’ll find:
· A clear explanation of what ketogenic eating is and how it can help transform your health
· An in-depth discussion of key health topics, including metabolism, digestion, gut health, diabetes, and more
· Practical guidance for following a ketogenic eating plan
· Cooking techniques to ensure you get the maximum benefit from your food
· Nearly 100 delicious recipes from Pete’s kitchen, aligned with both ketogenic and Paleo principles
From basics like Beef Bone Broth, to showstopper entrées like Crispy Duck Confit, to irresistible treats like a Chocolate Fat Bomb, these dishes offer exquisite eating at every meal. And all are illustrated with gorgeous full-color photographs shot in Pete Evans’s own studio.