product description page
Federal Income Taxation (Hardcover) (Joseph Bankman & Daniel N. Shaviro & Kirk J. Stark & Edward D.
About this item
Buy anew versionof this Connected Casebook and receiveaccessto theonline e-book,practice questionsfrom your favorite study aids, and anoutline toolon CasebookConnect, the all in one learning solution for law school students. CasebookConnect offers you what you need most to be successful in your law school classes – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency.
Building on and adding to the strengths of its predecessors, the new 17th Edition of Federal Income Taxation continues the legacy of its original authors, Boris Bittker, Lawrence M. Stone and William A. Klein, in presenting complex material in an easy to understand way. With leading tax scholars Bankman, Shaviro, Stark and now Kleinbard at the helm of this widely popular book, the book continues to offer an accessible format, bridging the gap between theory and practice, and presenting a variety of perspectives: historical, economic, political, and international. New cases have been added, including more recent older cases (such as Cesarini v. United States), and new chapters have been included on Public and Private Sphere, Debt, Economic Substance, and Law and Poverty.
- Great pedigree and authorship; Original authors Boris Bittker and William A. Klein were eminent authorities (with beautiful writing styles). Bankman, Shaviro, Stark, and Kleinbard are among today’s leading tax scholars.
- The book has always offered the highest integration of economics and policy analysis
- Notes, problems, and graphs make challenging material accessible
- Even with all the new material, it is still one of the shortest books around – making it easy to teach from
- Terrific teacher’s manual with teaching notes on every case and concept
- New chapters have been added on:
- Public and Private Sphere to help clarify conceptual and administrative issues
- Debt, which included charts to help student navigate this tricky area
- Law and Poverty which provides policy analysis and brief explanation of Earned Income Tax Credit
Law school comes with a lot of reading, so access your enhanced e-book anytime, anywhere to keep up with your coursework. Highlight, take notes in the margins, and search the full text to quickly find coverage of legal topics.
Quiz yourself before class and prep for your exam in the Study Center. Practice questions fromExamples & Explanations,Emanuel Law Outlines,Emanuel Law in a Flashflashcards, and other best-selling study aid series help you study for exams while tracking your strengths and weaknesses to help optimize your study time.