product description page
Fodor's Barcelona : With Highlights of Catalonia (Paperback) (Jared Lubarsky & Malia Politzer &
About this item
Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Barcelona is a top European destination for American travelers, and this stunning full-color guide covers the city's biggest draws, from cutting-edge cuisine to the dizzying heights of Gaudí's La Sagrada Família. From the sun-drenched Mediterranean beaches to tempting cafés and markets, visitors enjoy a beguiling mix of ancient and modern that maintain Spain's second-largest city among the favorite destinations in the country.
Fodor's Barcelona includes:
- PULLOUT MAP: A handy take-along map provides essential information about top attractions, nearby dining, walking itineraries, transportation information, and more.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: The city's newest and best shops, restaurants, nightspots, and hotels will keep tourists busy from the time they awake until they drift away at dawn, when the party finally starts to wind down.
- ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Gaudí's riveting masterpiece, La Sagrada Família, is captured in sweeping full-page photos and detailed close-ups. Another Gaudí feature covers all of the architect's bright and surreal landmarks around the city. A guide to Spanish wine gives travelers a primer on great sips. Spotlights shine on tapas, wine bars, and the city's best beaches, providing an unparalleled sense of Barcelona.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: An illustrated Top Attractions feature, tips on when to visit each neighborhood and the city's major monuments, and advice about the best beaches for sunbathing or surfing all help travelers navigate the city. A city walk leads travelers from the well-trafficked Rambla to the little gourmet counter of Quim de la Boqueria.
- DISCERNING RECOMMENDATIONS: Fodor's Barcelona offers savvy advice and recommendations from local writers to help travelers make the most of their time. Fodor's Choice designates our best picks, from hotels to nightlife.
- COVERS: La Rambla, La Sagrada Família, Museu Picasso, tapas bars, beaches, Girona, Tarragona, Valencia, the Costa Brava, Alicante.